Please see my 2/6/10 blog post for part 1 of this saga.
So, I have a hair appointment this Saturday at 1:00pm. Last week, I received a call from the salon about the appointment. The receptionist told me that J, my stylist and friend who was on maternity leave, will be in the salon on Saturday. She said it did not matter if I wanted to keep my appointment with K or change over to J. She just wanted to let me know since it would be one of J's first days back at work. I was torn. I knew this decision was coming, but I still did not want to make it. K gave me a good haircut, and I thought I would get one more appointment to decide if I liked her styling. In the heat of the moment, I told her I would go ahead and keep my appointment with K.
Well, on Monday I received a phone call from J herself. She wanted to be sure I knew she would be in. I kind of stammered and said I wanted to keep my appointment for that specific time of day. She said she could take me in the same slot, so it was not a problem. Then she said it did not matter either way. Well, I stuck to my guns and said I would go ahead and keep the appointment with K. I can at least say (this time) that I had scheduled the appointment 6 weeks in advance (which is usual for me) and I felt I needed to keep the commitment to K. J seemed OK about it. I told her I was looking forward to seeing her, and she said she would bring pictures of the baby.
So, I have bought some time. I get another appointment with K, and I hope I have not ruined a relationship with J. I guess I will know on Saturday. I will keep you posted.
In the Summer
6 hours ago