I can't take credit for the title of this blog update. t same from my yoga teacher, Sage Rountree. She is right, though. Everyone says "New Year, New You," but it really the same old you in a brand new year. You are no different than you were at 11:59 pm on December 31, 2008. The question is what will you do with the new year that stands before you.
I, for one, have never been big on resolutions. I have never really made any. This year, I have thought of goals for myself. This year is going to be about making a bigger impact in my community. So far, I think I am off to a good start.
I have volunteered to be the Community Outreach coordinator at work. I started the year asking for my colleagues to suggest charities that they like to support. I have picked from those suggestions groups that will receive a monetary contribution from our company. I am also trying to do tie in projects once a quarter. Yesterday, we kicked off our very first project which is collecting food and toiletries for a local shelter. we will see how it goes. Regardless, I see more projects in the future such as a 5K race and maybe a building day For Habitat for Humanity.
I am also doing more with The Junior League. Today, I attended a kick off breakfast for The Great Human Race - a local race to raise funds for any community agencies willing to register. I am happy to say that I will be coordinating our efforts on behalf of League. I am very excited about the prospects of this project. I will definitely keep you posted.
So, this year, the New Year isn't about me. It is about giving to those who need help.
When to Demo Yoga Poses (and When Not To)
1 week ago
1 comment:
Excellent title and a very worthwhile resolution. Wishing you all the best xxx
Post a Comment